May 25, 2009

Why?

Why is the sky blue? Answer: A clear cloudless day-time sky is blue because molecules in the air scatter blue light from the sun more than they scatter red light.

Why do dogs bark? Answer: Barking, in addition to whining, howling and growling, is a dog's natural means of communication.

Why are you crying? Answer: Pick a situation and I will tell you.

Why are you still with him? Answer: Because I "love" him.

Why is the earth round? Answer: To a first-order approximation the Earth is round. This is due to gravity. Gravity pulls with equal strength in all directions; therefore any variations from a spherical shape will lead to gravitational forces that bring the shape back into that of a sphere.

Why do men hit women? Answer: To dominate and control the person they are hitting. Same reason women hit men.

Why do you smile through your tears? Answer: To hide the pain. I learnt it when I was young.

Why don't you tell me you love me? Answer: Because I can't. The words won't come out.

Why don't you see yourself like we do? Answer: Because my vision is cracked.

Why didn't you come to us? Answer: Because there was no point.

Why did you get another dog? Answer: Because I wanted to. It's none of your business.

Why are you still friends with him? Answer: Because we're better at friendship than marriage.

Why did "God" let that happen to me? Answer: Silence.

Why didn't you do anything about it? Answer: Silence.

What do you do when you don't have an answer for the question why? There are things that happen for which no logical explanation can be given. What do you do then? How do you console yourself? How do you make sense of the world in which you live? How do you move forward? How do you avoid words like revenge, retribution, it's not fair!? Why must you go on? Why can't you be left to simply wither away? Why won't hope leave from within me even after all this? I don't know why... all I can do is ask.


And in so asking I asked a person whom I've come to count on as being a friend if my blog was depressing and this is how our conversation went:

G: I'm fine but how are you - you had a rough spell I think...

Me: I'm doing ok. It's past stuff coming back to haunt me. annoying really. finally decided to pen it. but ill try not to make my blog depressing :)

G: It's not depressing to be honest. It's only depressing if you never come up for light :)

And that last line of his resonated with me. Thank you G. It was definitely a withinsight moment :)

2 comments:

Pixie La Roo said...

It's hard for me to say being thousands of miles away but it seems to me from your facebook account and your blog that you're a swimmer, you're swimming against the current and you ain't going down girl. I would hardly call your blog depressing. It's quite poignant and insightful into your person and most of the notes always leave me admiring your strength and tenacity. It would be easy to be bitter and resentful than to be hopeful and you are my dear Veena. take heart and take care. hugs and kisses, priya

Vee said...

Welcome back Pixie!! and thank you!! Your words mean a lot. Thank you for your insight and understanding. :) *hugs* back.