January 13, 2006

Words I wish I could say, but would I really mean it?

On Tuesday, one of my favourite TV shows - Gilmore Girls - began it's 6th Season after a winter break. Anyway, one of it's formidable characters (I would not want to meet her in a dark alley, but I'd love her on my side in one), Paris Gellar, had these words to say as she welcomed staff into the Yale Daily News:

"Please remember that I'm your editor. I'm not your mother or your hugger. If you need some love, get a hooker. If you're having a bad day, find a ledge or a way to deal. My door is not open to you - ever." - Paris from Gilmore Girls (Season 6, ep.11)


I laughed out loud. It is such a Paris thing to say. I'm amazed at the stuff she says and gets away with. But then no one would really argue back with her. I don't think I want to be her exactly, but once in a while don't you feel like just shutting people up and saying "Enough! I have my own shit going on!" Erm, ok. That's it. I think my repressed personality is trying to get free.

Disclaimer: please note that this post was written after the author downed a shot of tequila and drank half a bottle of Smirnoff Ice.

2 comments:

Nerdine said...

I love Gilmore Girls! I'm looking forward to season 6 (hasn't started yet here in little Norway..)
Now Paris - there's one scary chick! In the beginning I hated her. She represented all that I didn't like - all that I'm not. But she's grown on me. I love some of her comments!

Vee said...

Ooh, it's great to find another GG fan out there! :) My sister and I are insane about 'em. We fashion ourselves as Lorelai(me) and Rory(my sis). We have Gilmore-athons...but yes, we're perfectly sane at the end of it all! hehehe *note, check out my sister's pink coat in the pic I've posted of us. seem familiar? *grin**
I hated Paris when Rory first began Chilton, but now she's just hilarious and annoying all at the same time.