January 12, 2006

Renascent

It's been a few days since I last blogged. I think updating the template just took a lot of effort. Actually, the reason is that we've been having such lovely weather here (it was supposedly 10C in downtown Toronto today) that I've been spending as much time as possible outside - sitting by the park/pond, extended dog walks, more frequent walks to Tim Hortons, and so on. :) Now that I'm logged on I've found a few interesting things to blog about.


  • Dictionary.com's word of the day is renascent. Pronounced rih-NAS-uhnt\; Meaning :springing or rising again into being; showing renewed vigor. This word stuck with me today because it's what I've been feeling offlate - renewed vigor. I walked in today(after a walk), listening to my ipod, carried my dog and danced with her while listening to Return of the Mac. I used to do this with Jackie when we first brought her home. And yes, I do carry a 55lb dog. I don't know how, I manage. And yes, she is forced to put up with it. :)

  • Read this article about the absurd behaviour of a Sprint employee. I'm sure the person is wishing he acted differently or perhaps even intelligently and could hide himself under some rock. But this just goes to show how silly some of us humans can be.

  • Came across this funny blogsite about two chinese boys. Found a hilarious impersonation of the Backstreet Boys in there to the song 'I want it that way'. Now, this song used to be an obsession of mine for a long long time. These two boys have managed to ruin it for me in a hilarious way. Laugh and enjoy.

  • I read a quote from Kumari's blog that made me laugh out loud (literally). She had taken it from The Sisterhood of Travelling Pants series and here's the quote: "Before you criticize someone you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes". Just the thought of such a scene made me laugh.

No comments: