December 21, 2005

So...

Last Thursday, we met a new employee at our work place. She came and introduced herself to everyone out on the floor and when she came and spoke to me, I was friendly and polite (ofcourse) and welcomed her as part of our team. Then I asked her, "are you part of customer service"? She looked at me and went "I'm the new GM". For a second there, my brain froze. Then ofcourse I felt my cheeks redden and I said "I'm so sorry, I had no idea". And I had no idea because no one told me that a new GM had joined us and that she would be beginning that day. It wasn't fair! Embarassment aside, while my tale still makes the rest of my co-workers laugh loudly for a few minutes, the GM has thankfully (or rudely) forgotten the incident. (I mean how could she forget me? *I'm Kidding!!*)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFL. Hold on one sec while i catch my breath. HA HAAAAAAAA I can so see you doing that. This reminds me of my day yesterday when the Regional & District managers came to visit us!:) Hee hee. I'm sure your coworkers arent letting you forget that!

Aarthi Bharath said...

Hey veena,

I think... Now it is my turn to ask "How do such things happen to you?"..... Am so glad we ARE family..... Have fun.

Aarthi

Anonymous said...

(lol) Join the club 'rthi! :) It's so good to actually see a comment from you here. I was wondering if you had read my blog! I'm glad we're family too! :)