December 20, 2005

Sherrif Arpaio, I love you.

I was watching Inside Edition for a few minutes because I had seen an ad on TV about animals in prison. Thinking it was a story about inhuman treatment of animals, I sat down to watch only to be really surprised by the actual story. Sherrif Arpaio (Mariposa County) really touched my heart today. He has taken in animals and housed them in prisons to help out with overcrowding of shelters and such. He firmly stated there would be no euthanasia and that he would gladly have dogs and cats in his prisons for 20 years. He repeatedly said that these animals were just victims and he was trying to help. In the midst of all the negativity in this world, it was wonderful to see a man like him who makes no excuses for his cause and completely believes in what he does. Also, being a pet owner, I was able to appreciate his efforts even more.

To read the article, please click here.

No comments: